Volunteers are vital to our success!
Please consider donating your time to this event. We need help in a variety of areas both before and on race day.
VOLUNTEER IN WHITBY
Before Race Day
- Registration/Packet Pick Up - - check in new and pre-registered Race participants, collect fees and give them their packets that include bibs, chips and t-shirts.
- Food & Beverage - - volunteers will pick up food and beverages from many area businesses and deliver them.
- Public Relations - - we need a volunteer to help with Race publicity. A background in PR or marketing is a huge plus.
On Race Day
- Set up. Arrive between 6-8am on Race day and help set up for the Race.
- Registration. Register new participants, check in registered runners and distribute Race packets.
- Course marshals. Work along the Race course to manage runners, walkers and neighborhood relations.
- Finish line & chutes. Congratulate all finishers and remove chips from timed Race participants.
- Pledge table. Collect pledges from racers and distribute awards.
- Walk finish line & clean-up. Direct walkers through the finish line and to the post-race area. Take down Race supplies, tables, etc., after the Race.
- Water stations. Fill water cups and distribute to runners, pick up any thrown cups.
- Food & Beverage tent. Stock tables with food and beverages and distribute to participants.
- Volunteer check in. Help check in volunteers, direct them to their assigned areas and distribute volunteer t-shirts.
- Move supplies back to the Race storage location after the Race.